The recession has taught us that home beauty treatments can be just as fun as a salon treatment and help keep your wallet fat! Just in time for 2010, we give you our top ten beauty products of 2009.
10. Dermablend Quick Fix Concealer SPF 30 Beige- This concealer will fix any blemish big or small. It might be a little thick, but it does not clog your pores and covers the darkest of dark circles and the reddest of red pimples.
Shop for quality skin products and cosmetics at SkinStore.com.
9. Orly Bonder base coat and Orly Won’t Chip top coat- This base coat and top coat helps keeps your polish from chipping. These two little miracles in a bottle when used together have helped our homemade manicures last at least 50% longer.
8. SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Masque- This little mask is a spa quality facial in a jar. If you get pimples, blackheads or whiteheads use this mask once a week or a few times a month and watch your skin become the envy of all your friends.
7. Sage Perfume Roll On 1/8 oz in Citrine- This pint sized roll-on scent will fit in even the smallest clutch. It is perfect for traveling on planes where liquids over 3 oz are a no-no. The citrine scent in universally flattering and the roller ball ensures perfect application and will help this scented yumminess last seemingly forever (we’ve had ours for two years now).
6. Essie polish in Lady Godiva and Mint Candy Apple- These two nail colors are the must have colors for Fashion Forward nail care. Both are universally flattering on just about any skin tone and Amazon.com has them for $4.25 a bottle!
4. Bobby Pins- Hair long or short can use these little metal miracles. Use them to hold hair in place or create the “bump it” style that all of the celebrities are sporting. You don’t realize how useful they are until you start using them!
3. Sally Hanson Wax Strips- This is a must have for any guy or gal with unwanted hair. We use it to maintain between waxing appointments. But you can’t follow the directions on the box for optimum results. We told you how to use this product a few months ago…click here for details.
2. Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment- This cream can be used for E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. We mean everything…chapped lips, dry skin, silky smooth hands and feet. It is on sale right now at Drugstore.com for $5.09.
1. Mac 138 Tapered Face Brush- This brush is not cheap, but great make up tools are vital to a fabulous face. Mac makes awesome brushes and this one makes application of creams, liquids, highlighters and blushes a breeze. You can even use it for contouring. Check out a review and usage tips for the brush here.
Do you have a favorite beauty product? Share it with us and if we feature your product, we will send you a token of our appreciation…something fabulous of course!
Check out our ten best websites, these ten fabulous beauty products and enjoy these shortcuts to a fabulous new year. Happy New Year!