Shortcut to Fabulous Five things I am Crushing on for Summer
Here are five things I am in L-O-V-E with right now in no particular order:
1. Smart Water and Crystal Light On The Go Hunger Satisfaction, Strawberry Banana On the Go Drink Mix Packets- As the temperature rises this summer, so does my thirst for beverages that keep me hydrated and keep my taste buds happy. There is something magical about the combination of smart water with its chic bottle and electrolytes combined with Crystal Light’s hunger satisfaction flavor packets. Somehow the Smart Water gives the strawberry banana flavor and extra kick and it may be all in my head, but I do feel like the afternoon munchies disappear when I make myself a little afternoon beverage…and if you pretend there’s a little vodka splashed in it makes the work day go by just a little bit faster! Another fav or mine…Crystal Light Skin Essentials, White Peach Tea Flavor Packet. One tip with these flavor packets. Try using less than a full packet to find the taste and flavor strength that works for you!
2. Conair Bun Maker $3.49 When the weather starts to get hot and sticky, I am looking for easy ways to combat the havoc that the humidity wreaks on my hair. I bought a Conair bun maker at my local Ulta Beauty about a month ago and it has changed my life and put an end to the bad hair days! I found the same bun maker on Amazon for under $4…a real steal (it was $6.99 at Ulta and Walgreens). The bun maker is a donut shaped item that feels and kind of looks like a softer version of steel wool. You put your hair in a pony tail, put the bun maker around it and then smooth your hair over it and pin it in. The kit comes with three pins, but you will need a ton more pins to pin the loose pieces of hair into the bun maker. With the bun maker you get a nice full, chic bun in under 15 minutes!
3. Yves Saint Laurent Creme de Blush with Laura Geller Baked Blush-N-Brighten in Como. The thing I hate the most about summer is feeling my make up melt off before I even step inside my office. Going to the powder room in the afternoon is downright depressing as you see a melted face staring back at you in the mirror. I combat the make-up melt down by layering my make up in the summer months. Blush is my favorite item to layer and layering YSL’s creme de blush with Laura Gellar’s blush gives you the best summer glow ever! This is one of the best make up combinations I have ever discovered. Since I started using this combo about three weeks ago, I have gotten no less than ten compliments from women specifically on my blush color…at my dermatologist’s offices, one of my best girlfriends, my secretary…and the list goes on. The best part: this blush combo lasts all day long even on the days when the thermometer has hit 90+! I layer YSL creme de blush in powdery rose and Lara Gellar baked blush in Como.
4. Kindle 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6″ Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology. While we wait for the rest of Bravo’s summer line up to start, I have been spending my evenings curled up with my Kindle. Now I know some of you are thinking, “Why get a Kindle when I can get an Ipad 2?” Nothing mimics a real book reading experience like the Kindle. The Ipad is backlit, so if you feel like reading a novel from a vertical rectangular computer screen, be my guest. The Kindle is light weight, looks like a real book page, affordable and allows you to download books for free from anywhere in the world and is cheaper!
5. Fiber One 50 calorie Strawberry yogurt with a bit of Bear Naked Granola for some crunch. OMG this yogurt is so yummy and really fills me up. It is amazing. I have been eating this as a snack and for about 100 calories total, my afternoon munchies are put to rest. I really credit this combo with keeping my figure bikini ready…or at least as bikini ready as possible when you are not Heidi Klum.